Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing 18 - YouTube

You certainly can waste a lot of time watching YouTube videos. We have them blocked at school for that reason. There are also many great videos that would be worthwhile to use in the classroom. I have seen some before (forwarded through email) using the sand pictures. It always amazes me! I found a great one I would love to show students. It's called Read a Book.



I've made use of YouTube one other way personally. My son suggested we make a video for my daughter's birthday since she was studying in Thailand at the time. We sang Happy Birthday and gave her a few short messages and then he uploaded it. Within minutes, she could see it half way around the world!
As with any of these Web 2.0 tools, there are uses and abuses. It will be interesting to see how far the Web takes us. Programmers certainly have made it easy to share and embed videos. I didn't have any trouble at all.

1 comment:

PatriciaP said...

sand pictures are soooo cool....how does an artist learn to do this?

Patricia -
CMLE