Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 22 - Keeping up

Participating in the 23 Things on a Stick program brought home to me the importance of keeping current with Web tools. The tools one knows about and uses with facility are only a fraction of the ones out there. They’re a little like products in a grocery store: there are brand name sites (like MySpace and Flickr), but there are tons of other less known sites that do many of the same things. And there’s always someone trying to improve on what’s been done before.

Since striving for improvement is always a worthy goal, I pledge to keep up-to-date with Web tools that can help me be more productive and improve my library. I have plenty of links on the 23 Things on a Stick blog to investigate. I also plan to monitor WebJunction and maybe even post something. I tagged Go2Web in Del.icio.us already. I spent about 45 minutes looking at a few crazy things you can do and want to go back when I have more time. I learned you can use your computer to play guitar chords and sing along to songs (a little like DDR or guitar hero, but more sedentary) on Songsterr.

I wonder what I will learn tomorrow?

No comments: