Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thing 6 - Online image generator

This is the trading card I made of my kids. I didn't use the icons because they didn't fit and I didn't want them on the picture itself. I know this isn't exactly how you would use trading cards, but I have an idea for using them in school.
I would really like to use the trading card maker with a second grade class where we talk about superhero powers after reading Anansi and The Seven Chinese Brothers.

I also just had the idea a few days ago to have my third graders create their own catalog card as a way of teaching what information is included on the card. From the comments under Thing 6, it seems there is a library catalog card generator that may work. Whenever you incorporate technology, the kids are so much more enthused. They also can get so much more frustrated, though, so I have to proceed carefully.

There are so many cool things out there and ideas! I will have so many new lesson plans I want to incorporate when I get done with these 23 things!

2 comments:

PatriciaP said...

Wow, had no idea you have seven children! You look amazing...yes, the k-12's in the program seem to see lots of application ideas for the trading card. I know time is precious, but if you have time, look at the posts of fellow bloggers for great ideas. We are trying to figure out how to capture some of them....

Patricia-
CMLE

Blackjackie said...

I used the catalog card creator in class this past week and while it didn't go smoothly, it went. The students were engaged and really looked at the title page and found the pieces of information we keep talking about. Definitely a lesson plan I will use again.