Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 9 - Collaboration tools

I was intrigued by the article suggested by fairpan in a comment following this Thing. The person in the article claimed they liked using the online documents better than their desktop versions and using flash drives. Now that I’ve had a little experience (very little), I don’t agree . . yet.

The link to the Google doc brought up the page and I was able to type and save in it only if I was very quick. It reloaded the page every 15-20 seconds and then I lost whatever I had done and not saved. I resorted to capturing a portion and pasting it in a Word document, changing it and then pasting it in the Google Doc. I wanted to shake that person in the article! I don’t think it should be that difficult. The ZOHO writer had me baffled for a moment, when I couldn’t access it the same way. I did figure out that I could sign in and then it was under my shared documents. This looked much more like a word processor that I am accustomed to. So, after my first attempt, I favor the ZoHo writer.

I have had issues with my flash drive losing documents when I work with them on the various computers in my two libraries. Since I want to be able to work wherever I am, I depend on my flash drive. I can see the lure of using online documents. I just may try it with something important in the future.

1 comment:

Celina said...

Hi,

Thank you for using Zoho Writer.

We are constantly striving to improve the user experience.

In case if you encounter any issues please feel free to drop in your concerns at support@zohowriter.com.

Regards,
Celina
www.zoho.com